9.16.2009

Robert Pattinson and the fame

Sure, it seems great to be Robert Pattinson, especially if you're on the outside looking in. But these days, being the center of the kind of attention that RPattz is generating can be tough.

"I can't remember what my normal life is like," the 23 year old Brit told Life & Style. "Walking down the street comes with screaming. It's strange. You have to change."

Ever since Rob Pattinson became famous as Edward Cullen, the protagonist vampire in the Twilight series, he has changed, and according to some not all of those changes are for the better.

"He's a totally different person," said an insider who knew Robert before the fame. "He was such a nice guy in the old days, so cool. Now he's so moody."

Even New Moon co-star Ashley Green says it has to be hard on the actor.

"I've gotten my share of press and recognition, but nothing to the extent of people chasing Rob down the street," she said. "It's like he's one of the Jonas Brothers or a Beatle. How do you deal with that?"

Robert Pattinson is dealing with the attention by becoming less extroverted.

"Rob's become really withdrawn," said a friend of his family. "He's not as friendly as he once was."

Even Robert has been forthcoming about things have changed since Hollywood fame was thrust upon him.

"The most embarrassing is when friends ask you to meet up with them and and you have to tell them, 'Sorry I can't go to that place,' because you're fully aware [people] will be waiting for you there," said Pattinson. "I feel like such a weasel when things like that happen - like the world has to revolve around me."

The intense pressure is even translating into a less friendly Pattinson on set.

"Rob wouldn't talk to other actors on the set," said the insider. "And if he did, he'd always moan about not wanting to be typecast."

Even his fellow co-stars realize they really can't go out when Robert Pattinson is with them.

"It's becoming progressively harder to go out in groups," said Christian Serratos. "The last time I went out with Rob, it took him almost an entire hour longer to get there because it took him so long to get out of the hotel!"

Life in the gold fish bowl is starting to get to Robert Pattinson.

"Even at the most remote places I can imagine, someone will ask me for a picture with them or an autograph," he said. "I haven't found one place in the world yet where I could disappear."

Source
Reading storys like that makes me really sad.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар